Thursday, May 04, 2006

apurado

this little story has nothing to do with miscommunication in another language and everything to do with me being a fool.
yesterday there was a friend or aunt of the family, not sure who she is really, who came over for the day. we were eating dinner and my mom had made tamal, which i had tried once before and remember it as probably the only food item i haven´t loved. so there we are eating dinner and i say, "this seems different than the one i had before." and my mom said "yeah, it is." and then i said "well, i like this one better than the other one." and my sister gave a funny laugh and then i thought to myself...and then later i asked my mom "who made that other tamal?" and sure enough, it was the friend of the family, who had been sitting next to me. i was so embarrassed. and still am. but these things happen, my mom told me not to worry about it.
so that´s life. we still have fun.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger jacajanis@gmail.com said...

Hey chut up. You're the year of the rat??

When was the last time, Lee? Huh? The year uh duh rat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home