Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the last minute

well it's early in the a.m. and this feels awfully familiar. when i was leaving for greece exactly one year ago, it was the same situation. me, at the computer, doing last minute stuff while i should have been in bed 4 hours ago. in a perfect world. i remember i was frantically printing out the 100 pages of articles we needed for the history part with bill. (i've decided i'm not going to explain many names and past references. if you know it, great, if not, ask me if you want to know.) so although i planned on being prepared, packed, and ready, i'm not. this is no surprise.
to be honest, i wish i was leaving for greece and i wish i was doing that whole trip over again. but i only feel that way because i've already been and had a great experience and just want to relive it. i won't let you know how much i still think about greece...
so i'm not excited yet. i think it's because i'm tired and stressed out. it took a lot to prepare for this trip. a lot of blood was spilt (figuratively) but hopefully it will be worth it. i'm nervous. everyone's told me not to be, but i can't help it.
what has been on my mind the most is the language: i just can not imagine myself speaking another language as my daily communication. it completely weirds me out. i know tons of people do it, in fact most of my friends, but i'm just...it's weird.
i'm really going to have to learn to keep my posts succint yet descriptive, informative and comprehensive. i tend to ramble if i'm just writing. so i'll go. tomorrow i'll be in ecuador. traveling weirds me out too. but ever since 2 fridays ago, my bones have been ready to go. that nice weather (which didn't last) said to me, "get out of here." so i'm going.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger paul said...

Have a great trip. As far as your post... yea, descriptive, comprehensive... sure... but I want to know what you are feeling, not just what you are doing. Enjoy this, chances are that you will not get these opportunities as often as the years pass, so enjoy every moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home