Monday, July 10, 2006

being in cuenca




well. i can say it´s a lot different from when i was here before. i realized just yesterday that i like cuenca. i do. i feel like i´ve been here forever and i feel like i actually have a life here. therefore, i like it.
this weekend i spent some quality time with my host family, namely my brother and my mom, with whom i really connect. my brother and i saw Cars, which was my first movie all in spanish (exciting!), because it was a kids movie, they dub everything instead of having subtitles. and that was cool because afterward i could explain to my brother all the cultural references in the movie, such as cow-tipping. yeah.
anyway i feel a lot more at peace since the last program. even though the actual program is a bit stressful and intensive, i´m content. i´m so happy that i´ve had the opportunity to stay longer and with my same family because i get to just continue building my relationship with them and i really feel part of the family.
i do miss being in saraguro, but feel like i´ve finally settled in to cuenca. took long enough. i´m not thinking about leaving.
on wednesday i´m going on a trip with this program to the oriente again, although a different part than where i´ve been. i´m excited, even though it´s with a really large group, which if you know me, isn´t exactly my favorite thing, it´ll be cool i think. so i won´t be writing for a week. until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home